Were You Injured In A Pedestrian Accident?
Since 2016, our Baton Rouge pedestrian accident lawyers at the Russell Law Firm, LLC have represented injury victims throughout Louisiana, because we know how hard it is to get your life back on track after an accident changes everything.
The reality is, at some point throughout the day, we’re all pedestrians. Unfortunately, whether we’re walking to lunch with a friend or coworker, or are out for a jog, pedestrians are some of the most vulnerable residents on our sidewalks and streets when negligent drivers are behind the wheel.
Reckless motorists, impaired drivers, and those who are distracted by their ever-present cellphones lead to catastrophic pedestrian injuries and tragic fatalities in East Baton Rouge Parish and throughout Louisiana.
According to the LSU Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety, last year throughout the state there were 1,146 pedestrian accident injuries, and 185 fatalities.
At the Russell Law Firm, we want to help as many people as possible. That is why we offer free, no-obligation consultations to all our prospective clients. You do not have to face your recovery or the insurance company alone. Contact our Baton Rouge pedestrian accident attorneys today to put our winning team in your corner.
Pedestrian Accidents Often End in Catastrophic Injuries & Tragic Fatalities
It should come as no surprise that the person who suffers the most after a pedestrian accident is the one who was on foot when the crash occurred. With almost no protection from the impact of a vehicle, pedestrians often suffer life-changing injuries that require long-term and costly medical care, therapy, and rehabilitation.
Our skilled pedestrian accident lawyers in Baton Rouge believe that you and your family should never be left to pay for these catastrophic injury expenses — or the financial damages you endure from the loss of a loved one — out of your pocket.
We are here to fight for the justice you deserve, which may include pursuing the following damages from the negligent party who is liable for your accident:
- Complete Past Medical Expenses
- Future Rehabilitation and Therapy Costs
- Past Lost Wages
- Diminished Earning Capacity
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Disfigurement
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Property Damage
- Eligible Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Our lead pedestrian accident attorney and law firm founder, Danny Russell, has experienced the complete disregard the insurance companies have for injury victims and their well-being firsthand, and understands that these corporate giants consistently place profits ahead of doing what is right.
We are here to change that. We believe all injury victims and their families deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, no matter where they live or work in Louisiana, and work tirelessly to ensure that is true during every case we take. Contact our Baton Rouge pedestrian accident attorneys today to learn how we can make a difference in your personal injury case.
At The Russell Law Firm, LLC, We Also Focuses On The Following Practice Areas:
- Auto Accidents
- Dog Bites
- DUI / DWI
- Maritime Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Family Law
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Rideshare Accident
Is It Worth It to Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
Most injury victims believe that if it was clear that the person or entity that caused their harm was clearly negligent — which could include a driver running a red light, or an intoxicated driver being arrested at a crash scene — they can handle their Louisiana personal injury case on their own.
It is not unreasonable to believe that if you were injured by a negligent driver, it is up to the insurance company to do the right thing and pay for your complete damages without a fight.
Unfortunately, when injury victims go it alone, they learn all too quickly that the insurance company does not care about them or the real value of their case. They only want to protect their profits.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Baton Rouge can help you understand why it is worth it to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer, including:
- 95% of all personal injury claims are negotiated outside the courtroom by experienced personal injury lawyers, so their clients can focus on their recovery — not the details of their cases.
- 85% of all settlements paid by insurance companies for bodily injury claims are paid to clients who have hired an attorney.
- The average personal injury insurance settlement is 3.5 times higher for clients who hire legal representation.
At the Russell Law Firm, our Baton Rouge pedestrian accident attorneys have a proven track record of producing real results for real injury victims throughout Louisiana and will help pursue the best outcome for your case too, starting with a free consultation today.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
At the Russell Law Firm, our skilled Baton Rouge pedestrian accident lawyers take all qualifying cases on a contingency fee basis. We understand that the last thing you should be worried about — when you are injured and out of work — is how you are going to pay for the legal representation you deserve. We remove that fear right away, beginning with a free consultation.
Our dedicated pedestrian accident attorneys represent clients throughout Louisiana through a trusted partnership. That begins with establishing the fact that our clients pay no upfront fees for our services. In addition, they pay no legal fees at all if we do not win their cases.
When we partner with our clients, we only get paid when they do. That means we outline a percentage of their settlement or jury verdict at the beginning of their cases, so they know how our fees and rates work, before they become a client.
We believe transparency is the key to our success and stand by our trusted results. Contact our dedicated pedestrian accident attorneys in Baton Rouge today to learn how we can help you keep more of what’s yours.
The Russell Law Firm is in Your Corner, and We Fight to Win
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident or lost a loved one to negligence anywhere in Louisiana, contact our dedicated Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers today at (225) 307-0088 or online to get the legal support you need to produce real results for your unique case.
Our skilled Louisiana pedestrian accident lawyers and support staff are here to help you get your life back, and we will not stop fighting for your right to recover the maximum amount for your unique case until we produce the results you deserve. Call us now to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Our Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident in Louisiana, your first priority should be to seek medical attention for yourself and anyone else who was injured. Contact the police to report the accident and exchange contact and insurance information with the driver. Collect any witness statements or contact information if possible. Finally, contact a personal injury lawyer to help you understand your legal rights and options.
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident in Louisiana, it’s important to take certain steps to protect yourself and your legal rights. Here are some general guidelines:
- Seek medical attention: If you or anyone else involved in the accident is injured, call for emergency medical help right away.
- Contact the police: Report the accident to the local police as soon as possible. They will come to the scene, investigate the accident, and create an accident report. The report will be an important piece of evidence if you need to file a claim or lawsuit later.
- Gather information: Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident, including drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Take photos of the accident scene and any damage or injuries.
- Don’t admit fault: Do not apologize or admit fault, even if you think you may have contributed to the accident. Fault and liability will be determined based on the facts and evidence, and admitting fault could hurt your chances of recovering compensation.
- Contact an attorney: Consider contacting an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal options and protect your rights. An attorney can also help you negotiate with insurance companies and pursue a lawsuit if necessary.
- Notify your insurance company: Contact your insurance company and report the accident. Be honest and factual about what happened, but do not admit fault.
Yes, you may still be able to recover damages in a pedestrian accident case in Louisiana even if you were partially at fault. Louisiana follows the comparative fault rule, which means that damages will be apportioned based on the percentage of fault attributed to each party.
For example, if the court determines that you were 30% at fault for the accident and the other driver was 70% at fault, you would be able to recover 70% of your damages from the other driver. However, if the court determines that you were more than 50% at fault for the accident, you may not be able to recover any damages.
It’s important to note that Louisiana’s comparative fault rule applies to all types of personal injury cases, including pedestrian accidents. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, it’s recommended that you consult with an experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and maximize your chances of recovering damages.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Louisiana, you may be able to recover various types of damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover compensation for the cost of medical treatment related to your injuries, including hospital bills, doctor’s fees, rehabilitation costs, and prescription medication.
- Lost income: If your injuries have caused you to miss work, you may be able to recover compensation for lost wages and benefits.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover damages for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by the accident and your injuries.
- Property damage: If your personal property, such as your clothing or cell phone, was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged items.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, a court may award punitive damages if the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious, reckless, or malicious. Also, if the driver who caused your pedestrian accident was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and your injuries were a direct result of his or her intoxication, a court may award punitive damages.
The amount of damages you are entitled to recover will depend on the specific circumstances of your case, such as the severity of your injuries, the extent of your financial losses, and the degree of fault attributed to each party. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Louisiana, it’s recommended that you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you assess your damages and pursue the compensation you deserve, like our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers at the Russell Law Firm.
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is one year from the day the injury or damage is sustained, which is typically one year from the date of the pedestrian accident.
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations for filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit is generally one year from the date of the accident. This means that you must file your lawsuit within one year of the accident or you may lose your right to recover compensation for your injuries. However, there may be exceptions to this rule depending on the specific circumstances of your case, so it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident to ensure that your rights are protected.
However, it is recommended that you speak with a Louisiana personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and you are able to recover the maximum compensation possible.
Yes, in Louisiana, if you were hit by a bicycle while walking, jogging, or running on a public street, sidewalk, or crosswalk, it is still considered a pedestrian accident. Although bicycles are not motor vehicles, they can still cause serious injuries to pedestrians, especially if they are traveling at high speeds.
In Louisiana, bicyclists are required to follow the same rules of the road as motor vehicle drivers, and they can be held liable for injuries they cause to pedestrians. If you were injured in a bicycle-pedestrian accident in Louisiana, you may be able to recover damages by filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault bicyclist.
How do I know if my insurance will cover the injuries and damages I sustained from a pedestrian accident in Louisiana?
In Louisiana, the insurance coverage that applies to a pedestrian accident depends on who was at fault for the accident. If the driver of the vehicle that struck you was at fault, their liability insurance will typically cover your injuries and damages, up to the policy limits.
If the driver was uninsured or underinsured, your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may apply, assuming you have this type of coverage on your own auto insurance policy.
If you were at fault for the accident, your health insurance may cover some of your medical expenses.
It’s important to review your insurance policy and speak with your insurance company to determine the extent of your coverage and any limitations or exclusions that may apply. It’s also recommended to consult with a personal injury attorney, who can help you navigate the insurance claim process and pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
A personal injury lawyer can provide valuable assistance after a pedestrian accident by:
- Investigating the Accident: A lawyer can investigate the accident to determine liability, identify potential witnesses, and gather evidence to support your claim.
- Evaluating Damages: A lawyer can help you evaluate your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
- Medical Treatment: A lawyer can assist in scheduling and financing medical treatment with medical providers experienced in treating pedestrian accident related injuries.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: A lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Representing You in Court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, a lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights and interests.
- Providing Legal Advice: A lawyer can provide legal advice and guidance throughout the process, helping you make informed decisions and avoid potential pitfalls.
- Recovery of Damages: A lawyer can fight to obtain the compensation you deserve for the damages and injuries you sustained, such as compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and other damages allowable under Louisiana law.
Overall, a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system and ensure that your rights are protected while you focus on your recovery.