Danny Russell Law has experience in dealing with a wide range of family law matters, such as:
- Divorce: We help with all aspects of divorce, including the division of marital assets, property, and debt. This may include deciding whether one spouse will keep the marital home, or if you will sell it and divide the proceeds between the two of you.
- Child custody: Two of the most important family law issues to resolve are child custody and visitation rights for both parents. We offer reliable guidance on these issues, whether they are part of a divorce or you have never married your child’s other parent.
- Child support and visitation: In most situations, it’s necessary for a custodial parent to receive monthly child support from the children’s other parent. There is a standardized formula to calculate what this amount should be, but attorney Danny Russell helps you establish a fair arrangement that protects your kids’ best interests.
- Spousal Support: Although it’s increasingly rare, one former spouse may need to provide the other with spousal support, also known as alimony. This is often temporary and meant to provide the recipient an opportunity to seek the education, training, and employment necessary to become self-sufficient.
- Community property partitions: According to Louisiana community property laws, all of the assets and debts a couple acquires during marriage belong equally to both spouses. A judge dividing community property must make sure that each spouse receives property of equal net value. In deciding whether a specific item of property or a specific debt should go to one spouse or the other, a judge will consider all relevant factors, including the nature and source of the property or debt and the economic condition of each spouse.